Monday, November 26, 2012

Belated Thanksgiving brownies

Well, this is an interestingly titled post, isn't it?

Anyway, firstly I wanted to mention the way in which I belatedly celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, as I was unable to celebrate it on Thanksgiving itself due to the fact that it was my host brother's birthday and we had organized a surprise party for him. 
Basically, what I did was make brownies for my host family! 
I wanted to make something typically American for them in honor of the holiday, and since most of the quintessential Thanksgiving meal ingredients are either non-available or non-existent here, I decided to make do with what I had, as I'd brought a large bag of brownie mix to bake for my host family as one of my gifts to them.
And today I finally got to put that mix to good use. :)
After some issues with the absence of essential ingredients (which I was luckily able to solve by walking to a large supermarket located conveniently close to my house), I was able to easily whip up a decent batch of brownies within an hour! :)

I was also able to combine this with a bit of Skyping, first with my friend who I hadn't heard from in a long while, and then my parents and sister! So apart from the fact that we finished very late and I was very tired today because of it, I had a wonderful day hearing from people and making some edible American culture to share with my host family. 

So yeah, that's really all that I have to tell right now.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Bye. 
Nico

Before

After 

No comments:

Post a Comment