Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A cool video

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been inactive for a little while; my senior year has been pretty fun and informative so far, but crazy busy too.
I've got a new post in the works that I'll try to have up soon (no promises as to how fast, though).

Anyway, I'm here today to share a cool video with you all: My friend Emily from Washington, D.C., one of the thirteen lovely NSLI-Yers with whom I traveled to Bursa, has been featured in a video on the NSLI-Y YouTube channel, and I thought it only fitting that I should share it with you all. :)

Here it is:

Actually, speaking of which, this is a good opportunity for me to do a bit of advertising, as it is application season for NSLI-Y!
I'll share the blurb I've been posting on my Facebook, Tumblr, and such:

Are you a high school student? Are you an American citizen? Does learning Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Tajiki Persian, Russian, or Turkish in-country for a year or summer ON A FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP sound like your jam? If so, you may want to apply for NSLI-Y!
550 lucky finalists receive full scholarships to study critical languages abroad in Jordan, Oman, Morocco (for Arabic), China, Taiwan (for Chinese), India (for Hindi), South Korea (for Korean), Tajikistan (for Persian), Russia, Moldova, Estonia (for Russian), or Turkey (for Turkish).

Anyone who is interested in applying or has any questions is more than welcome to hit me up! ^_^

I'll hopefully make a post soon about the programs, explaining in a bit more detail how they work and such. But for now, know that you should most definitely apply if you're interested, and that the deadline for the preliminary application is October 30.

That's all for now, I'll be back soon with more good stuff.
Bye guys!
-Nico 

No comments:

Post a Comment